What timeframe can I expect for publication?
- From agreement to publication we would expect the process to take a maximum of six months and would aim for sooner. You will be kept up to date with the process
What is your editorial and production process?
- Barbara will work with you in an editorial capacity both with the text and (if poetry or flash) the order of the work. The author has the final say
- Barbara and the author will agree the order/presentation of the book e.g. where acknowledgements/dedications etc sit
- Cover art is to be discussed between the author and the press
- The author is responsible for requesting a blurb
- On agreement of all the above the work will be handed over to Darren for typesetting
- Proofs will be shared with the author and Barbara in a reject/accept cycle until all parties are prepared to sign the work off.
- Our printers have a turnaround of an estimated one month and will also provide proofs that require review.
Once published how do you market my book?
- All authors will be expected to promote their work on social media channels and wherever they get the opportunity
- The book and an author bio will be featured on the Flight of the Dragonfly website and will be promoted via Flight of the Dragonfly social media channels and email
- Dependent on location the author will be offered a guest slot at a Flight of the Dragonfly Spoken Word either on Zoom or in the room or a separate launch event on Zoom
- Separate launch events in the room are to be discussed
- Flight of the Dragonfly will, with the author’s permission, introduce them to other event organisers and encourage the author to make their own contacts where appropriate